2205A not recognised intermittently

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
gotopcs

2205A not recognised intermittently

Post by gotopcs »

My 2205A has been working reasonably well for a long time albeit with occasional "Check USB cable" errors (on more than one PC and using the blue PICO cable as well as other USB cables which are shorter. Now Windows 10 is complaining that the "USB device just plugged in is has malfunctioned and is not recognised". That's without even starting Picoscope 6.14. Both desktop and laptop are showing the same errors.
I checked the voltage reaching the 2205A board - it was 5.00V on the desktop and 4.87V on the laptop. Windows 10 is up to date at version 2004 on both machines. Non-recognition occurs on both USB 2 and USB 3 ports. Device manager shows "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". Location is Port#0007.Hub_#0003. This USB 2 port is on the case of the PC and the 2205A cable is directly connected - no external hubs. Device Manager also reports "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
To summarise - 1 x 2205A, more then one cable or PC and the problem is still there. What to do?

gotopcs

Re: 2205A not recognised intermittently

Post by gotopcs »

Update - problem of device not being reecognised is now absolute. Does not work on my desktop or tablet (Win 10) or another PC running Linux. Hardware failure?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2205A not recognised intermittently

Post by Martyn »

As you are now in touch with support@picotech.com directly we will handle the issue through your support ticket, with a possible RMA
Martyn
Technical Support Manager