Automotive Probes???

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
jibby320

Automotive Probes???

Post by jibby320 »

I am a diesel technician. I originally had a Snapon original modis scope then I went to hantek and shortly decided I wanted to advance to a pico scope. Being on a limited budget I checked the second hand scopes. Not being familiar with pico I ordered a mso two channel 3203d and it won’t sync with automotive software so I downloaded pico 6 non automotive but quickly realized it doesn’t have the automotive probes in that software. What my question is is does pico have a downloadable file for the probes that I could download and import into the pico 6 software or am I screwed and wasted money buying the wrong scope. Any advice would be appreciated as I can’t afford to buy an automotive pico. Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Automotive Probes???

Post by Martyn »

You can export each of the probes from the Automotive Tools->Custom Probes menu and then import them in the T&M version.

Please take care when using the scope it doesn't have the same protection as an Automotive one.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

jibby320

Post by jibby320 »

Yes sir I already have the attenuators for that reason. I appreciate your advice I will try again tomorrow. Other than this probe dilemma I love the picoscope software. I don’t know why I didn’t invest in one years ago!! Have a great day.

jibby320

Post by jibby320 »

One day I hope to be able to afford the 4425 automotive diesel kit!

jibby320

Post by jibby320 »

I got all of the automotive probes imported thank you for your help Martyn! :D :D