pico 2207B input broken

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
antoine_riaud

pico 2207B input broken

Post by antoine_riaud »

Hello,

I am using a power amplifier (ZHL-10W-202-S+), sending a 20 MHz signal to a 50 ohm load placed on the pico2207B.
The amplifier saturates at 10 W which on 50 ohms yields 63 Vpp, that is well below the 200 Vpp input protection specified for this scope, however both inputs of the scope stopped working after connecting them to the amplifier (now channel A returns a decaying exponential -- decay time ~ 0.2 ms, and channel B returns a voltage of 1/10th of the expected voltage). I would like to know why the scope broke. Also, the technical documentation specifies that the input protection is +/- 100 V up to 10 kHz. What happens after that? My signal frequency was 20 MHz. The amplitude is unknown because the scope broke, but according to the manufacturer, the amplifier saturates at 10 W (so the signal should not exceed that).

Thank you for your insight,

Best regards,

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: pico 2207B input broken

Post by Martyn »

Sorry for the delay in responding due to the current situation.

Please email support@picotech.com to discuss the issue with your scope and your repair options.

The overvoltage protections is ±100 V (DC + AC peak) where does it reference 10kHz ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager