Automation of Pico setup including masks and mesurements

Post discussions on projects you are working on
jimTFX

Automation of Pico setup including masks and mesurements

Post by jimTFX »

I have been attempting to automate the setup procedure and apply masks and measurements. This for performing multiple test using the PICO 2000B series.
The set up pro such as time base and V/div was setup using the macro functions the issue lies with the setup of visual aids such as the masks and auto measurements. I have seen on other posts that this can't be done using the basic on bored Macro function and have to be applied by the operator. due to the number of test that must be accurately performed the chance of human error choosing the wrong mask must be removed.
I have looked at using the DLL's (dynamic link libraries) to automate this function but their is no mention of using mask's or measurements in the API programmers guide. Am i being daft and missing something? has anyone had any look with achieving something similar? TIA

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Automation of Pico setup including masks and mesurements

Post by Martyn »

Sorry for the slow reply due to the current situation.

I would suggest that saving a psdata file with the required settings for a particular test and then reloading this file would be the safest method of configuring the scope each time.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager