inductive impedance speaker measuring

Having problems ? let us know the details here
mark@Banmann

inductive impedance speaker measuring

Post by mark@Banmann »

Dear colleagues,

we bought a PicoScope 2204A. Intetntion was to have a handheld equipment to measure impedance of 100V-Speaker Networks.
In the past we used velleman HPG1 mk1 which is not available anymore and it`s next generation mk2 is not satisfiying ☹. So we were looking for an alternative and found that the 2204 was a good setup by combining different functions and functionalities and having some advantages reffered to the velleman.
But, may be, it`s to good:

We measure speakerlines with numerous speakers from different power /impedance connected all in parallel supplied with a 100V AF-signal through transformers.
Injecting a 1Vpp 400Hz, +-20Hz sweep sinus into the ground-free, disconnected from amplifiere, wires lowers the amplitude. By putting the voltage difference into an excelsheet we get the value.

With the pico we have the „problem“ that voltage remains stable and we don`t get an offset value to calculate.

Does anybody know if there is a way to make the output voltage depending to the load or if any other equipment, preferably a pico, is offering this option?

Many thanks for any help about this in advance!
Kind regards,
Mark
P.s. please excuse any inconvenience in my writing, i`m a german native speaker.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: inductive impedance speaker measuring

Post by Martyn »

Can you post a psdata file of the data you have collected, some pictures and/or sketch of your setup so we can see what you are connecting where, and a description of the results you would expect to see.

You can do this here or send the details to support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

cykeltur
User
User

Re: inductive impedance speaker measuring

Post by cykeltur »

Did you get any results?
I'm also is trying to measure a impedance on a 100v speaker system
And also most interesting: measure a impedance peek (resonance peek) and determine the impedance and the frequency and the bandwidth.

Please help