Having problems ? let us know the details here
wohcfets
User
User

Sampling rate of 2204A

Post by wohcfets »

Hello,

May I get some help about 2204A sampling rate:
1.Accoriding to 2204A spec, max real time sampling rate is 100MS/s,but it only shows 3.125MS/s in the property sheet during my measurement today.

2.I found that during measurement, I can not find any difference when I adjust sampling rate box in the tool bar at the top. So what is this sampling rate adjustment box's function anyway?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
1.PNG

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sampling rate of 2204A

Post by Martyn »

You have set up a screen time of 2msecs (200usec/div) and requested 8kSamples across the screen. The closest that we can get to that is 6250 samples sampling at 3.125MS/s , the faster sampling rates are only available for shorter screen times.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

wohcfets
User
User

Post by wohcfets »

Thanks for such a quick reply.
I THINK now I am clear about my first question.
Howerver, for my 2nd question regarding the sampling rate box at top tool bar, it seems there is no difference no matter what value I type in.
Could you explain this topic a little bit more?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The box at the top is not the sampling rate, it is the number of samples you would like to collect in the screen time you have chosen. You will get as close to this as is possible with the memory available on the device and available sampling rates the device can support.

You fix the time, you request the samples and then the software will adjust number of samples and sampling rate to achieve as close to this as possible.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

wohcfets
User
User

Post by wohcfets »

Now I fully understand. Thank you so much!
Pico tech support rocks!!! :P