Advice needed

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Post Reply

Advice needed

Post by steve6380 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:37 pm

looking for the following
2 channel device for notebook use
USB port capable
able to measure upto 415VAC +/- 10%
able to measure upto 100A +/- 10%
ability to look at pulse of 5ms duration or better
ability to look at 3 phase

main use would be at a 132KV 400Mw power station.


User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 9:45 am

Post by markspencer » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:29 am


If you are intending to use a data logger to take the measurements, I would recommend 2 x ADC212/3.

To measure the voltage you will also require an isolating probe x10/x100.

To measure the ampage I would recommend three 300A current clamps to be used with the ADC212/3. To connect the current clamp to the unit you will need 3 x TA000 test leads.

To convert the voltage reading into an ampage reading you will need to use a scaling file. All this can be done with Picolog software. It can take multiple channels and allow datalogging with 1 ms intervals.

The details an cost of these items can be found here.

Best regards,

Mark Spencer

Post Reply