PicoScope 6 stops receiving data

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
PhreakShow

PicoScope 6 stops receiving data

Post by PhreakShow »

Hey guys.

I have a..

PicoScope® 6 - PC Oscilloscope software version: 6.13.15.4081
Model: PicoScope 3406D MSO
USB Version: 3,0
Calibration Date: Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016
Hardware Version: 1
Driver Version: 2.1.9.934
Firmware Version: 1.7.5.0 / 1.0.66.0

and a weird issue. If I start the software, everything works normally. After a random period of time, the last waveform freezes in the window and is never updated. If I stop and start the trigger, nothing happens. Closing and starting the application again results in picoscope not finding the hardware.
The only remedy in this case is reconnecting the USB cable.
As this happens after a few minutes, it is very annoying and the scope is pretty useless in this condition.

Do you have an idea how to resolve this? I went to the device manager and disabled USB power saving for all USB hubs and controllers, any other USB device keeps on working fine. I changed the port as well and plugged another USB device to the scope's original port, the problem went with the scope to the other port.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: PicoScope 6 stops receiving data

Post by bennog »

Do you have connected an external power supply to the scope.
Are you using a USB3 port or a USB hub or something like that.

Benno

PhreakShow

Post by PhreakShow »

Yes, the power supply is connected to the scope. PS6 seems to accept it, because without the supply I get a message that only two channels will be supported when bus-powered.
I use an USB 3.0 hub with its own power supply. All the other devices at this hub keep working fine (mouse, keyboard, Peak USB CAN interface).

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Try using the scope directly on a USB-3 port on the pc, It can be the USB hub is not wel on handling the high-speed data. I have had some strange behavior of the scope when connected to a hub with more than only the scope. Most time i use a dedicated USB-3 for the scope (with or without 5m USB-3 extender).
And the rest of the USB devices on a separate USB cable with hub if needed.

Benno

ahmadrinno

Post by ahmadrinno »

Hello I have the same issue with a Picoscope 2406B, setting up a trigger only records one waveform - at best. Resetting the trigger doesn't help, only thing to help is removing any triggers at all, or shutting down the Picoscope software.

My Piscoscope is connected through USB

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We would need to see the psdata file with the data and setup to be able to comment.

Which of the trigger modes have you tried, and which ones work ? None, Auto, Repeat, Single, Rapid
Martyn
Technical Support Manager