no suitable device found

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
jpowning

no suitable device found

Post by jpowning »

Persistent problem with Picoscope Software and Picoscope 3204A - very cumbersome:

1. Problem started after my work computer was updated from Windows 7 to 10. Yes, I have removed and reinstalled PicoScope 6 software, but this did not help the problem.
2. Situation 1: Start up Picoscope 6, then plug in Picoscope 3204A. "No suitable device found" window goes away and seems to do something, but I don't hear any clicks, and the scope window stays blank. Do "safe removal" of the scope, disconnect from PC, reconnect, I hear clicks, and then it starts to work.
3. Situation 2: Connect the Picoscope, then start the software. Software displays "No suitable device found." I do a safe removal of the scope, disconnect from PC, reconnect. "No suitable device found" window goes away, but no clicks and scope window is blank. Do a safe removal, disconnect, reconnect, hear clicks, starts to work.
4. Situation 3: Sometimes the Software will "lose" the scope. Just doesn't see it anymore, and no activity is evident in the scope window.

thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: no suitable device found

Post by Martyn »

Can you please email support@picotech.com this sounds very unusual so the team will require a number of trace files to investigate this for you.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager