Timebase issue

Having problems ? let us know the details here
maxime.delmulle

Timebase issue

Post by maxime.delmulle »

Hi,

I'm currently using a 5444D with the latest SDK and latest python wrapper and i'm having some difficulties with an example code.

I'm running the ps5000aBlockExample.py where I changed the device resolution to 8bit PS5000A_DEVICE_RESOLUTION["PS5000A_DR_8BIT"] and the timebase to timebase = 2. This seems to work fine but when we put timebase lower than 2 the following error (line 133 in assert_pico_ok) is raised:

raise PicoSDKCtypesError("PicoSDK returned '{}'".format(PICO_STATUS_LOOKUP[status]))

PicoSDKCtypesError: PicoSDK returned 'PICO_INVALID_TIMEBASE'

This seems to be a timebase issue in the code but for a 8bit resolution the picoscope should be able to use a timebase = 1 or even timebase =0. Do you know how I could solve this issue ?

Using the software Picoscope6 there seems to be no issues to sample with the timebase=0 with the 5444D picoscope (1ns sampling time interval).

Regards,

Maxime

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Timebase issue

Post by Martyn »

Timebase 0 will only work with one enabled channel, timebase 1 with two. By default all channels are enabled by the driver when opening the device so you need to explicitly turn them off in your code.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager