Frame loss/global time

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
F from G

Frame loss/global time

Post by F from G »

Hello,
I'm using a picoscope 3406D in a synchronized measuremnt with other equipment and log the data with the PicoScope 6 software over USB 3.
I'm using all 4 channels and the external trigger input is fed by a delaygenerator (3v rising edge). 100 shots per measurement should be recorded (at 2hz). Often this works perfectly, but sometimes the scope misses some shots so that there are only 97-99 traces in the buffer.

- Changing the external trigger level to different values didn't solve the problem.
- During measurement it looks like a "hiccup" in the software (the trace does not change despite a shot and suddenly changes some time after the next one was fired. (Meaning the refresh time seems jittery.)
- I tried "display previous waveform" to force the software not to display the newest waveform. It seemed to help but now I'm back again at <100 waveforms

Is there another setting I can try or debug issue?

My main problem is that this messes up the synchronization of different datastreams and I cannot correlate single shots of different instruments. A simple workaround would be to have a global time stamp per shot to detect missing ones and compensate for it during data processing. For processing I'm exporting to cvs.
Is there a setting to generate a global timestamp for each shot?

Have a nice day,
Flo

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Frame loss/global time

Post by Martyn »

Can you send a psdata file with your setup and signals to support@picotech.com so that we can look into this for you.

It may be that the use of the RapidTrigger mode is an option, but this will depend upon the exact setup you are using and the signals you are triggering from and capturing which the data file will provide.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager