Ongoing effort to remotely manage PS6 and PS4444

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
bboyes

Ongoing effort to remotely manage PS6 and PS4444

Post by bboyes »

Hello again... after too much struggle we have again placed the PS4444 in a railside "cut station" which is a 2 hr minimum round trip from our offices and requires special access to enter. This is the same place our PS3425 has been working pretty reliably for months, using Google Synch to transfer captures to the cloud. The PS4444 with its larger files (maybe that is the issue, maybe not) would not run more than a day or two.

So following advice from Pico, we have changed to different remote control software which does not immediately start a file transfer as soon as it sees a new capture. It will only transfer manually. It is Solar Winds Take Control. After some effort it is running and letting me connect to the Thinkpad which is running PS6 Beta R16.14.1 and it was all running last night. I tried a manual file transfer and it worked.

This AM I logged in and PS6 had inexplicably terminated. I restarted it. In this case Google Synch is not running at all so that is not the problem. This Thinkpad 13 is running the lasted Win10 Pro 1803 updates. I have paused Windows updates for 30 days (that's the most possible).

I'll update you what the history of the PS4444 running unattended in the field this time is. The 4G LTE coverage at the cut station is not great, it varies but is in the 5-15 MBits/sec. I had another notebook tethered to a cell phone last night, 50 feet away and it was getting under 1 MBit. But the modem in the cut station has better antennas and is intended for this use so it is typically better.

Sincerely
Bruce Boyes

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Ongoing effort to remotely manage PS6 and PS4444

Post by bennog »

Any news on the current status.

I understand you can acces the machine remotely now.

Benno