use of ps4000aSetSimpleTrigger() vs. ps4000aSetTriggerChannelProperties() et. al.

Post your C and C++ discussions here
hinxx

use of ps4000aSetSimpleTrigger() vs. ps4000aSetTriggerChannelProperties() et. al.

Post by hinxx »

This is on PS4824, using PS4000A C/C++ API.

If user sets up triggering using ps4000aSetSimpleTrigger() should it be disabled using the same ps4000aSetSimpleTrigger() with 2nd argument 0? Or can one just issue calls to ps4000aSetTriggerChannelProperties() and buddies in order to reconfigure the triggering (or disabled it)?

I understand (from docs and my tests) that if ps4000aSetSimpleTrigger() is called it clears previous trigger setup, effectively re-configuring triggering, but I'm not sure if interleaving calls between ps4000aSetSimpleTrigger() and ps4000aSetTriggerChannelProperties() et. a. is a good practice.

hinxx

Re: use of ps4000aSetSimpleTrigger() vs. ps4000aSetTriggerChannelProperties() et. al.

Post by hinxx »

Looking at the PS4000A API, both ps4000aSetTriggerChannelProperties() and ps4000aSetTriggerChannelConditions() have the ability to disable the trigger (using nConditions=0).

What would be best practice to enable/disable triggering on a particular channel? Will calling one of the above functions be enough to disable the trigger? Afterwards, when I want to re-enable the triggering, should I resort to complete reconfiguration of the triggering or is there a lighter approach?

In addition PS4000A_CONDITION structure seems to allow me to "ignore" the trigger. When should that option be used?