Passing an array of structs for advanced triggering in Python

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Caio

Passing an array of structs for advanced triggering in Python

Post by Caio »

Hey there. I am working on getting advanced triggering working and have gotten close, but run into issues when I try to pass an array of the trigger properties structs.

I am using a 6404D and and running PicoSDK 10.6.12 (64-bit) on windows. I am using the master branch of the picosdk-python-wrappers repository on github.

Below are the two structs I have built in python to match the packed structs in C.

Code: Select all

class trigger_channel_properties(c.Structure):
    """ creates a struct to match PS6000_TRIGGER_CHANNEL_PROPERTIES"""
    _pack_ = 1
    _fields_ = [('thresholdUpper', c.c_int16),
                ('hysteresisUpper', c.c_int16),
                ('thresholdLower', c.c_int16),
                ('hysteresisLower', c.c_uint16),
                ('channel', c.c_int8),
                ('thresholdMode', c.c_int8)]

class trigger_conditions(c.Structure):
    """ creates a struct to match PS6000_TRIGGER_CONDITIONS"""
    _pack_ = 1
    _fields_ = [('channelA', c.c_int8),
                ('channelB', c.c_int8),
                ('channelC', c.c_int8),
                ('channelD', c.c_int8),
                ('external', c.c_int8),
                ('aux', c.c_int8),
                ('pulseWidthQualifier', c.c_int8)]
I'm fairly confident these are right because if I pass a single struct as a reference the scope triggers as it should. An example is below.

conditions = trigger_conditions(PS6000_TRIGGER_STATE.PS6000_CONDITION_TRUE,\
PS6000_TRIGGER_STATE.PS6000_CONDITION_DONT_CARE, PS6000_TRIGGER_STATE.PS6000_CONDITION_DONT_CARE,\
PS6000_TRIGGER_STATE.PS6000_CONDITION_DONT_CARE, PS6000_TRIGGER_STATE.PS6000_CONDITION_DONT_CARE,\
PS6000_TRIGGER_STATE.PS6000_CONDITION_DONT_CARE, PS6000_TRIGGER_STATE.PS6000_CONDITION_DONT_CARE)

status = ps.ps6000SetTriggerChannelConditions(chandle, ctypes.byref(trigger_conditions), 1)

Since I want to have multiple trigger conditions supported, I tried building a list of trigger conditions and converting it to an array with the code below.

trigger_condition_array = (trigger_conditions * len(trigger_condition_list))(*trigger_condition_list)

status = ps.ps6000SetTriggerChannelConditions(chandle, trigger_condition_array, len(trigger_condition_list))

This doesn't seem to pass the array like I want, since ps6000SetTriggerChannelConditions() returns fine, but doesn't correctly set the trigger, and ps6000SetTriggerChannelProperties() returns 'PICO_TRIGGER_ERROR'.

So my guess is either I have a struct that isn't the right size as the c struct, or I am not converting the list into an array correctly. Has anyone gotten this working?