using picoscope to capture data without usb connection but maintaining its power connectivity

Which product is right for your exact requirements
mikeB
User
User

using picoscope to capture data without usb connection but maintaining its power connectivity

Post by mikeB »

Hi applications engineer
I have an application where I need to capture info but cannot use a laptop. Can I setup the picoscope with a laptop, then disconnect the USB connection but maintain a parallel feed of its 5V power pins on the USB and then come back maybe a week later after the picoscope has triggered reconnect the laptop and display the captured event.
Mike Brothers

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: using picoscope to capture data without usb connection but maintaining its power connectivity

Post by Martyn »

All our devices require a permanent connection to a PC to operate, they cannot run standalone.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

naltieri
User
User

Re: using picoscope to capture data without usb connection but maintaining its power connectivity

Post by naltieri »

You could use with a small rugged fanless PC like a NUC or simillar. Have done this and powered the scope from battery, you can put the PC to sleep to save power and leave for up to a week, or schedule it to wake up at a certain time, or via sending a wake up on LAN command to bring it out of sleep mode, take a measurement and save data to hard disk, then power down or sleep again.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Can't you use a raspberry PI for this ?

Benno

mikeB
User
User

Post by mikeB »

Thank you