Hi from SE Michigan, USA

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
torqueman2002
User
User

Hi from SE Michigan, USA

Post by torqueman2002 »

Hi,

I'm new to scopes. I received a PicoScope 4225 2-Ch Starter Diagnostic Kit (PP920) for this Christmas.

I will be using it to resolve automotive issues. Probably on my daughter and sil's 2004 Yukon Denali XL, first.

It has a number of issues that a scan tool alone cannot address.

I suspect it is due to the number of previous techs/hacks working on and installing aftermarket alarms, audio, and remote starters. This does not include the poor connections made to the lighting system.

Oh, I'm a retired auto engineer.

Mike
Last edited by torqueman2002 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi from SE Michigan, USA

Post by Martyn »

Please be aware that the 4224 kit is one of our Test and Measurement scopes, and not designed for automotive use.

It will only work with the Test and Measurement version of the PicoScope 6 software. You will not get access to Pico Diagnostics or the Waveform Library. The hardware does not have resettable fuses so it is possible to damage the inputs requiring a return to factory repair.

If this is a problem please email support@picotech.com and we can discuss your options.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

torqueman2002
User
User

Post by torqueman2002 »

Thank you.

I 'mis-spoke'. I checked my invoice and I do have the PicoScope 4225 2-Ch Starter Diagnostic Kit (PP920).

I'll edit my 1st post to avoid any further confusion.

Mike

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

That's good.

You will also find our dedicated Automotive Forum useful.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager