Is it possible to "Count" Triggers?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
midnitejim

Is it possible to "Count" Triggers?

Post by midnitejim »

Interval to display my signals when an interval exceeds a certain time limit. This works great. What I'm investigating now occurs fairly rarely and I wish I could set up a "Measurement" that counts the trigger events rather than stopping the capture. Then I could run the PicoScope for a while, like an hour and check the count. I could use an external counter if there were a "Trigger Out" signal, but the Pico 6 doesn't have one. I suppose I could write some code that would be executed, but this seems like such a simple thing I'm wondering if maybe I've missed something.
-->
I use Advanced Triggers-->Interval to display my signals when an interval exceeds a certain time limit. This works great. What I'm investigating now occurs fairly rarely and I wish I could set up a "Measurement" that counts the trigger events rather than stopping the capture. Then I could run the PicoScope for a while, like an hour and check the count. I could use an external counter if there were a "Trigger Out" signal, but the Pico 6 doesn't have one. I suppose I could write some code that would be executed, but this seems like such a simple thing I'm wondering if maybe I've missed something.