Python with Picoscope 6402C - Freeze when using GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Pierre_IM

Python with Picoscope 6402C - Freeze when using GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64

Post by Pierre_IM »

Hello everyone,

I'm using a Picoscope 6402C on Python 3.7 Anaconda. The software uses slightly modified library from https://pypi.org/project/picoscope/. I know this is not the official wrappers but as I not an expert on python and programming in general they were the simplest to use.

I'm using rapid block mode to do 1000 acquisitions of two channel at 2.5GS/s with external trigger, the frequency between two acquisition is around1.3ms. Everything is working perfectly so far except that I am unable to retrieve the exact time between two acquisition with the function GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64. Every time I try to call this function I have a freeze of Ipython with a kernel reboot. There is no error message ...

My function is define in a Picoscope class like that :

def GetValuesTriggerTimeOffset(self,times,timeUnit,fromSegment, toSegment) :

m = self.lib.ps6000GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64(
c_int16(self.handle),times,timeUnit,c_uint32(fromSegment),c_uint32(toSegment))
self.checkResult(m)

And this function is call on the main program like that :

times=(c_int64*nbOfCapture)()
timeUnit=c_char()
ps.GetValuesTriggerTimeOffset(byref(times),byref(timeUnit),0,nbOfCapture-1)

I tried multiples methods to construct the pointer of int64 array, I finally found that one on the official wrapper, but it does not work neither.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pierre Consigny

Hitesh

Re: Python with Picoscope 6402C - Freeze when using GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Pierre,

The ps6000GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64 provides the time from the trigger point to the first sample rather than the time between trigger events.

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com to discuss this further?

Regards,

ishoro13

Re: Python with Picoscope 6402C - Freeze when using GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64

Post by ishoro13 »

Dear @Hitesh ,

I have the same problem but with PicoScope 6403A / Python 2.7 and Python 3.7.
I'm wondering if have managed to find the solution for Pierre?

Please my full question in the following link: topic39820.html

Best Regards,
Ivan