PicoScope 6 locks waiting for trigger

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
chaas219

PicoScope 6 locks waiting for trigger

Post by chaas219 »

I have PicoScope set to do a single trigger. It captures fine if the trigger happens shortly after clicking "run", but after a while without a trigger the program becomes unresponsive (won't even respond to the "stop", have to shut it down with task manager). Scope model is 4824. The software "check for updates" shows that I'm running the latest software, and I have attempted to turn off all the power management that might be causing this on the host laptop. Has anyone else seen and resolved this issue? I don't know exactly how long it runs before locking up, but it is somewhere between a few minutes and 2 hours.

Thanks in advance!

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope 6 locks waiting for trigger

Post by Hitesh »

Hi chaas219,

Please could you close the software after it stops responding and locate the trace.xml file (see section 3 of the PicoScope FAQ).

Please send this along with your settings file to support@picotech.com or post them here and we will investigate further.

It would help to know whether you are using a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port.

Regards,

chaas219

Post by chaas219 »

Thanks Hitesh. I sent the requested files via email. Yes, it is a USB3.0 port on the PC, and this happens on two different PCs. Note that the software becomes unresponsive at least as far as the GUI goes, so I have to use task manager to kill it (it isn't a clean exit). Pressing the "stop" button or "close" buttons have no visible effect.

chaas219

Post by chaas219 »

In case anyone else finds this thread and is wondering about the resolution, support confirmed via email 11/21/18 that this is a bug, but could not give an anticipated date when it would be corrected.