Extremely Slow Boot

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Tom123

Extremely Slow Boot

Post by Tom123 »

Hello,

I have recently got a new laptop and the PicoScope software takes an incredibly long time to start. From clicking the icon to starting, the splash screen can stay there for over 5 minutes. The app is also using most of the CPU during this time. Occasionally the software can also run very slowly or freeze whilst in use.

The PC is a surface book 2, i7 with 512gb ssd running win10. The main PicoScope I use is a 3205MSO.

I have tried the following but it made no difference:
-Reinstalling the latest version 6.13.
-Scope not plugged in when booting.
-I got a previously download version off another win10 pc (6.12) that runs without issue on that pc. I then uninstalled 6.13 from the surface and installed 6.12.

We want to get another scope but for that to happen we need to solve this first.

If you have any ideas to fix the compatibility issues with the Microsoft PC it will be appricated. I know it may be a PC specific issue but the PicoScope software is the only thing that runs slow.

Thank in advance,
Tom

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Extremely Slow Boot

Post by Martyn »

Can you locate the trace.xml file once the software has fully started, and then send this to support@picotech.com and the team can look into what is causing the issue.

If you do not know where to locate the trace file check Section 3 of the Frequently Asked Questions Guide
Martyn
Technical Support Manager