Returning from suspend without having to restart Picoscope ?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
nurber
Active User
Active User

Returning from suspend without having to restart Picoscope ?

Post by nurber »

Hi Forum. I often will suspend Windows ( power button or closing clamshell of notebook ) with Picoscope still connected although not running. When I return from suspend I'm greeted with "Not Responding" caption in Picoscope and forced to restart the app. When I do restart there is sometimes an additional delay before 4444 is seen ( as compared to running for first time in a session where detection seems quicker ). Is this a configuration issue or something I need to live with ?

Sven

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Returning from suspend without having to restart Picoscope ?

Post by Martyn »

There will be settings related to the USB bus on your PC, and what happens to it when in suspend mode, that may make some difference. However as you are probably trying to save power living with the delays would probably be best.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

FWIW, for the first time an error report was generated when returning from sleeping notebook. Is such a report useful ? If so, where do I send ?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you have the trace.xml file then yes send it to support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

new laptop, same problem. If laptop goes to sleep, 4444 cannot resume without having USB cord unplugged. The red LED on 4444 stays on until USB cord reconnected. Would appreciate hearing if somebody with 4444 is able to return from sleep and what suggestions Picoscope has about the problem. Per Martyn's request I sent in trace.xml when requested, but never heard anything.

Frustrating. Sven

torsj

Post by torsj »

I've got the same problem in Windows 10. When I close the lid of the laptop it enters sleep mode. When I re-open the lid, Picoscope 6 is still running, but there is no data coming from the 2205MSO. I must close and re-open the Picoscope program to make it work again. It is not necessary to unplug the USB cable.

Both Windows 10 and Picoscope 6 are the most recent versions.

Al514
User
User

Software issues with windows 10

Post by Al514 »

Hey all, are you guys having an issue with the waveform freezing but still recording? Then if I stop it the missing part of the waveform will appear. I'm using Windows 10 pro and I've had nothing but problem after problem. I can't install pick auto, gives me an error half way into installation, then uninstalls it. I installed pico log just to check out the demo and pick 6 would no longer work or even pick up the scope. In the end I had to jump back to a restore point to use my scope again. I uninstalled pico log and it won't uninstall. It's still in there, I'm leaving it because I need my scope, I can't have down time because of software issues. If anyone has any advice on this madness I'd greatly appreciate it. :?