SDK Configuration

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
daxesh
User
User

SDK Configuration

Post by daxesh »

Hello there !

My name is Daxesh. I'm from Germany and working as a Research Student in the medical field. I have a picoscope 2406B. Before explaining my problem, I want to say honestly that I don't have much knowledge in programming field.
now I try to give some overview of my application. I am measuring peak to peak volatge of a PVDF (Piezoelectric)sensor. In my test setup, I am rotating sensor every 10 degree with stepper motor (controlled from Arduino) and save Vpp. for that I want to configure picoscope with my arduino in a synchronous manner. so that it would be like first rotate then save Vpp. How can I do this with SDK?? Is there any SDK guide kit or any Instructions to follow user guide ? I want to save my all measurements (36 measurement for 1 sensor)in Excel file during an experiment so what is way to do it with picoscope ? Please advice me how to proceed.

Hitesh

Re: SDK Configuration

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Daxesh,

We provide a programmer's guide explaining how to call various API functions to configure the device and collect data.

We provide libraries to control the device from Windows, Linux and macOS platforms and there are also a number of examples for various programming languages available on GitHub. Is there any particular programming language that you are planning to use? We do provide VBA macros that can collect data into an Excel spreadsheet.

Are you looking to just take a single reading when the stepper motor has been rotated?

Regards,

daxesh
User
User

Post by daxesh »

Hi Hitesh,
Thanks for your reply.
referring to your questions:
1) Is there any particular programming language that you are planning to use?
- No. I am wondering if i can configure the data saving and exporting from Arduino IDE (it is based on C/C++)
2) Are you looking to just take a single reading when the stepper motor has been rotated?
- Yes. when stepper motor rotate 10° after that record Vpp of sensor and save its value in Excel. After completion of whole 360°rotation there will be 36 Vpp values store in a row data w.r.t. degree i.e when measurement start @10°-230mV, @20°- 270mV and so on up to 360°.

I have already tried to configure PLX-Data logger with Arduino but it has some limitation. I think it is also based on VBA macrons.
Sorry to ask the same, But if I use VBA macrons, How can i configure it? Please advice

Thanks in advance.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Daxesh,

Is the PicoScope 2406B being used on a PC running a Windows, Linux or macOS operating system?

We do provide examples for C/C++ - please see our GitHub repository: https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-c-examples and we also provide examples for Excel VBA:

https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-ms- ... a-examples

If you write an example application using C/C++, you can still output data files to csv file format.

Regards,

daxesh
User
User

Post by daxesh »

Hi Hitesh,

Sorry to bother you. But I am not able to figure out, how can i exactly do programming with picoscope with Arduino Uno. I am not an experienced programmer so Is there any guide or any example with arduino so that i will be able to find starting point of work. I have already downloaded SDK configuration, picoscope 6.13.6 and using windows 10-64 bit system
Thank you and Regards.

acamargofb

Post by acamargofb »

Hi there,

I also have the same problem, I would like to read the signals using PicoSDK in Python at the same time send commands to Arduino UNO using Python.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support,

Aldo Camargo

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The Python examples and instructions for controlling PicoScopes can be found here
https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-pyt ... /README.md

you will need to find extra content from other sources to control the Arduino and then combine these into a single program.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager