Post discussions on applications you are writing
spflanze
User
User

Opening a device using the Batch/Serial string in LabVIEW

Post by spflanze »

In this LabVIEW VI file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e2w3s87xh ... on.vi/file
I am able to open my PicoTech 3205D device when a null string is passed to the Batch and Serial input. But opening does not succeed if I do pass the a string to this input. And the string I use is the very Batch and Serial string output by and earlier call to "PicoScope3000aOpen.vi".

What has gone wrong with my attempt to open the 3205D with the Batch and Serial string?
Attachments
PicoScope Open & Close Testing Forum Version.vi
(11.91 KiB) Downloaded 630 times

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Opening a device using the Batch/Serial string in LabVIEW

Post by Martyn »

Please see this thread regarding 11 digit serial numbers
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

spflanze
User
User

Post by spflanze »

Thanks for the link to that thread. I read that thread, and then found that removing the "/" character did solve my problem. However there is a point of confusion. That thread states the problem appears when there are eleven digits in the S/N. But in the example Batch/Serial strings given in that thread I count a total of 10 characters. And that is also the number of characters I see in the Batch/Serial string I get from ps3000aEnumerateUnits.vi.

I have programmed my VI that opens the unit to remove the "/" character if the Batch/Serial string length is ten or more.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

That would include an end of string null character as well. The simple rule is if the serial number part of the string has four digits you need to remove the / as the device eeprom has to use the position of the / for the extra digit of the serial number.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager