Mismatch between raw data and PicoScope6 displayed data

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
mldion1

Mismatch between raw data and PicoScope6 displayed data

Post by mldion1 »

Hello,

I am trying to write a short program in C++ to automate some testing I have to do using the PicoScope 5442A. I am using the sine wave generator and two channels in 15-bit mode. I use the Picoscope API to generate and acquire data in block mode. To double check if I am using the API correctly, I have been comparing the data I get from the PicoScope6 software with the raw data I get from the "ps5000aSetDataBuffer()" and "ps5000aGetValues()" functions. However, they don't seem to match up, and it's puzzling.

For example, let's say I apply a 1V 1MHz sine wave to my DUT at point A, and measure output signals B and C to compare the relative amplitude and phase. If I investigate using the PicoScope6 software, I get a relative amplitude of B compared to C of 0.42 and a phase offset of 93º. However, if I use the raw data from my custom program running the PicoScope API, I get a relative amplitude of 0.78 and a phase offset of 79º.

Qualitatively, the system behaves similarly in both cases, and plotting the raw scope data the system-specific waveform distortion I am expecting appears in both sets of data. It just seems like there's some scaling and time-offset issues perhaps...?

Matt

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mismatch between raw data and PicoScope6 displayed data

Post by Martyn »

We will need to see your code, so if you could send it to support@picotech.com we can take a look in detail. If you also include the psdata file from PicoScope we can see the expected values and setup of the scope.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager