Missing trace in demo program

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
terrypin

Missing trace in demo program

Post by terrypin »

This seems to be another example of my post late yesterday about signal traces sometimes not displaying. (Not yet seen this published, but the later three did appear?) But this time I'm running the DEMO program of PicoScope 6.11.12.1692, hoping that this might make discussion/reproduction easier.

Both channels displayed the sine wave initially. But at some point Ch A disappeared, although the settings apparently implied it should be visible. Playing with the trigger options (for either A or B) and switching on/off didn't get it back.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n1ocnwz5p2ch ... .jpg?raw=1

As before, the snag is that it's intermittent! Or I somehow caused it by some pattern of actions. I just tried to repeat it and failed. FWIW the initial steps were: start the program, choose demo mode and then View > Auto-arrange Axes. Whatever I did previously before losing Ch A, I was unable to repeat this time.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing trace in demo program

Post by Martyn »

That looks like you have right clicked on the display, selected Channels and then unticked A
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

terrypin

Re: Missing trace in demo program

Post by terrypin »

Thanks, that sounds likely. Must have done that in the upper window (Ch A) and then used Views > Close View.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK