Honda Civic K-Line problems

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
Jaged

Honda Civic K-Line problems

Post by Jaged »

Honda Civic 2006 1.8 ABS, VSA, TCS lights on.
This car has showed various faults as well as those systems above. The wiring diagram shows a 26 pin plug on the ABS pump but the one on the car has 46 of which 21 are actually used. I have gained access to the wire side and checked the for voltage, ground and measured continuity between the wheel sensors etc., all appears to be ok except the K-line which is open circuit. Running a jumper lead between the K-line terminal on the ABS connector, and using the Pico breakout box, connected it to pin 7 on the DLC, the K-line, did not turn the lights are off. Keeping the jumper lead connected and using the scan tool I cleared the codes but the lights stay on even when the scan tool shows the codes to be cleared. During all this the lights on the Can H & L flash on the breakout box so I assume they are ok.
I Know the ABS is working as I have tested it on a wet road and the car pulled up straight and the solenoids and valves could be heard working. This would indicate the fault lies in the diagnostic side rather that a fundamental fault.
My knowledge of the system is not that good and the lack of descent wiring diagram doesn’t help so I do not know how many other modules are involved with the K-Line side. Any help would be appreciated. After successful repair I will leave a report for others and a wiring diagram and pin numbers.
Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Honda Civic K-Line problems

Post by Martyn »

You will find more people able to assist in our Automotive Forum
Martyn
Technical Support Manager