Pico TC-08 on a Pi... Can't Get it to Work

Forum for discussing PicoLog
InjuNear

Pico TC-08 on a Pi... Can't Get it to Work

Post by InjuNear »

Can anyone help me out. I have spent 3 weeks trying to get my TC-08 data logger to work on my Pi.

The code I was using when I first wrote all my script in Windows was working great. As soon as I went to the Pi it all stopped working.

I figured out how to download and install the drivers for the Linix OS on the Pi, and I found a "use" program online, but it seems that program is only really useful for just turning on and reading the logger data from the command prompt.

Not so useful in an active script for an automation process. The link for the one I found is here:

https://github.com/bankrasrg/usbtc08

Can anyone point me to a different drive or a useable "example use" program?

Or has someone successfully used the the one I'm trying to use and can give me an example of how they used it?

This has become a road block and it's dumb at this point. I've debugged the heck out of it and got it to where it's working and there are no errors, but I'm getting no temp data. All I'm getting is zeros on all channels at all times. I've tried the .get_single() and .get_temp(channel) and then started trying random functions and everything just gives me zeros (or errors out for everything other than the single and temp functions).

Hitesh

Re: Pico TC-08 on a Pi... Can't Get it to Work

Post by Hitesh »

Hi InjuNear,

Are you using the example console program from our GitHub repository?

When you call the usb_tc08_get_single() or usb_tc08_get_temp() functions and the values are zero, please check that the return code is 1. If it is 0, call usb_tc08_get_last_error() to see what the error is.

It might be useful to see the function calls that you are making.

Regards,

InjuNear

Post by InjuNear »

Hitesh, I was very tired at the time of the original post and forgot to mention that my script is in Python.

The examples you posted are for use with C. Do you have them for Python? If you do, will they work on the Pi Linux based OS? The driver I have is written in C for the Pi/Linux OS, but I have not found a convenient way to access the functions of that driver using Python other than the link I posted.

My original test script on a windows machine used a driver AND examples that were both Python based, but the driver requires windll files obviously not found on the Pi, which means they don't work now.

In response to your specific question: My return value is zero which is the result value as well for those function calls (I ran some variable print statements trying to debug where it was failing).

I will try as you suggest with usb_tc08_get_last_error() and report the results.

Thank you!

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi InjuNear,

Please take a look at this thread as you may find some examples that will help.

We hope to provide a Python example for the USB TC-08 in the future via GitHub.

Regards,