2 problems and a feature request

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
johnbicht
User
User

2 problems and a feature request

Post by johnbicht »

Running the latest 6.13.6 on a Dell laptop, Windows 7 64 bit, Intel core duo 2.4 GHz, 2Gb memory, 2204A. Settings are 1 MS, 2 or 5 sec./div., +/-50 or 100mV, channel A only, single sweep trigger.

Problem one. Often the system hangs. Data stops showing up, I think the light on the face of the 2204 is out then, but may not always be. I click to stop collecting data but nothing happens for at least 20+ seconds. While doing a series of 20 second single sweeps this really gets in the way. I am impatient, so I may click stop again, then even the trigger style. Finally somethings happens. Then maybe I can get it to start collecting again. Without some form of indicator all one can tell is that nothing is going on, not what to do about it. This is inconsistent, but probably happens several times in 10 minutes.

Problem two is that frequently enough Picoscope fails to find the 2204A. Today I even exited the software and restarted it twice, and then restarted the computer, and started Picoscope and it still didn't find it.

Feature request. I use print preview to print the graphs from. Can't the name of the saved graph be shown and printed with the graph instead of me having to write the name in the notes section of the window.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 problems and a feature request

Post by Martyn »

When either of these happen can you send the trace.xml to support@picotech.com, see Section 3 of the Frequently Asked Questions to locate the file.

I will add your feature request to the list.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

terrypin

Post by terrypin »

I’m three weeks late to the discussion but would be interested if there are any conclusions about the first problem please. It sounds a bit like my missing traces, as per my recent post ‘Signals often not displayed’.

I too am often looking at ‘slow’ signals, with the timebase set to 1/2/5S with my 2050A.

Apart from my intermittent missing traces (which may well be user error as I’ve said - I’m a hobbyist not a professional), I do so seem to spend a long time looking at a blank screen after making any change. I appreciate that I can’t expect the immediacy of a conventional ‘scope, but would welcome any practical advice on this please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You can use Tools->Preferences->Sampling and use the DisplayPreviousWaveformBuffer option which may help.

Otherwise send the trace.xml file as suggested and the team can take a closer look to see if there is a real issue..
Martyn
Technical Support Manager