Pico5204 SampleRate

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Pico5204 SampleRate

Post by Guest »

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.
I have another doubt. I've been using the PicoScope 6 software in DEMO mode to find out how it works. From the figure 2 on the web page www . picotech . com / deep-memory . html , I can depict that selecting the 1 s/div timebase I would be able to get a sample rate of aprox 6 to 8Ms, but selecting this timebase in the DEMO software the properties dialog shows that the sample rate is only 244Ks/s. Is this difference due to the DEMO software? Will it be possible to obtain the 6 - 8 Ms/s in the 1s/div timebase with the real 5204?

I'd also like to know if it's possible for the 5204 to work as a signal generator and scope simultaneously, i.e. output an arbitrary waveform on CH1 and capture it on CH2 for example.

Thanks for your assistance.
Best regards,

Augusto Musolino.
DELPHI electronics and safety.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Augusto,

The 5204 hardware is capable of the performance indicated in the article that you referred to, however, with the full version of PS6 the sample rate currently achievable is 100 kS/s at a 1 s/Div timebase setting. The value of 244 kS/s for the demo version is incorrect and will be reported as a bug.

We hope to develop a future release of PS6 which will enable around 6 MS/s with 1 s/Div timebase, but currently, you would need to write your own software application to achieve that.

To keep updated on new software releases, you may wish to subscribe to our electronic newsletter (http://www.picotech.com/cgi-bin/enewssubscribe.pl).

Regards
John