Phase in Spectrum Analyser

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
progtec
User
User

Phase in Spectrum Analyser

Post by progtec »

Hi,

I just bought new PicoScope3224 because in the description of the PicoScope Software I saw, that in Spectrum Analyser View, the phase angle of an FFT bin is shown together with frequency and amplitude info. I also saw a screenshot on the picotech website showing exactly this in the Spectrum Analyser.

But unfortunately, I just can't get the phase angle beeing displayed in Spectrum Analyser, neither in Version 5 (from CD) nor in the very latest PicoScope6 just downloaded before.

This Information is very important for us and was one of the main reasons to buy the Picoscope (although the rest is fine as well ;) ). Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything additional to be configured?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Markus

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
I have managed to trace the history now of what happened to that measurement! It was available in earlier versions of PicoScope5 but was causing confusion with many customers who thought it was measuring phase angle between channels A & B. After several people were caught out, we decided to remove it and so save wasted time. I have asked for it to be put back in to PicoScope5 on the next update. We may need to make it enabled/disabled via an entry in the .ini file. Watch out for updates!
PeterF.

progtec
User
User

Post by progtec »

Hi Peter,

thanks a lot for your investigation. I will have an open eye on the future updates ;)

Reagrds
Markus