PicoVNA, programming

Discussions forum for our Sampling Oscilloscopes, VNA, and Pulse Generators
Knoblich

PicoVNA, programming

Post by Knoblich »

Hi to all,
when try to set some parameters through SetEnhance (param, k) it response with error for
- Powr -> SetEnhance ('Powr', '-3.0')
- EffD -> SetEnhance ('EffD', '1.0')
regardless of used decimal notation
-BW can be set, but values greater than 35000 will chrash the DLL.

The format of GetData is somehow strange. It uses the same delimiter to separate values , e.g. Freq and Magnitude as well as the decimalseparator within that value
Example 100000,-53,45678,399000,-47,456789.......
Any way to adjust this?

Are synchronisation methods available or some status queries?
We are using Win10, 64-Bit, German, Delphi

Any suggestions welcome
Thanks

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: PicoVNA, programming

Post by NeilH »

Hi

I think a look at your code would be needed to check what is happening with setEnhance parameters.
Would you be able to send it into support@picotech.com so I can have a look please.

Currently there is no way to change the separator for the values returned by the VNA but I can raise this with our development team for separators in languages that use the comma as the decimal separator

What synchronisation are you looking for?

Neil
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

sbabic44
User
User

Post by sbabic44 »

Best delimiter in numeric CSV files is semicolon ";". Historically, it was used predominantly, no idea why people started using coma ",".

m0pub

Post by m0pub »

Hi,

The issue with the format of PicoVNA S-parameter data still exists. Specifically, the values returned by GetData() may use a comma (',') as both value separator and decimal separator. This is a problem in several Windows Locales, where the decimal separator is defined as ','.

Since S-parameter data is always returned as a text string rather than (for example) floating point variables, this makes parsing S-parameter data for further analysis very difficult.

Please can you advise if there are any plans to address this problem, and if so, when?

N.B. I was unsure whether I should start a new forum thread, since this one was last updated over a year ago. Please advise if you would like me to re-post in a new thread.

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by NeilH »

Hi

There are plans to address this issue but I am unable to give timescales currently for when it will be released

Neil
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

ThomasM

Post by ThomasM »

Hi Neil,
sorry for coming back to this topic - but I still have the same issue.
Maybe you can reveal the algorithm used by the PICOVNA SW for dealing with the variable no. of commas in the return string?
Thanks!
Best regards,
Thomas