X-Y scope and hanging application

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

Post by Guest »

Two concerns running a 3424 Picoscope Ver.5.16.2 on Windows XP 2002 SP2:

1-we operate in XY mode for hours to days, and the app stops roughly once per 2 to 3 days. The application event log notes psw32.exe hangs. Nothing else plugged into USB;
Any idea of what might cause it to stop?
Shows Red "stop" and "running" in lower status bar. The red LED on scope box goes off. The displays get lost on some view screens - lost XY blob etc. won't restart by clicking GO, no other response so need to kill with task manager - often won't go away with that.

2-Some interaction with XY view screen and Scope screens with regards to time base changes, lose the XY while still getting scope traces. This is for long, 1sec/div or longer timing. Are they dependant on each other and which has precedence if so?

Thanks much, I like the way the 3424 works so far.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

Could you try the latest software release R5.18.0 to see if that solves the problem. It may also be wise to uninstall R5.16.2 first.

Regards
John

tim may

Post by tim may »

picojohn wrote:Hello Guest,

Could you try the latest software release R5.18.0 to see if that solves the problem. It may also be wise to uninstall R5.16.2 first.
Thanks for the suggestion: I tried R5.18.0 after uninstall of previous; working so far 4 days straight. I had also tried the R6.0.12 and found it didn't have XY display, at least I couldn't find it; so uninstalled it.

I want to have the 4 channels show in two XY displays, 1 vs 2 (A vs B) and 3 vs 4 (C vs D).

It appears that using 2 XY displays can only show two of the 4 channels, and not all 4 - is that correct? Is there a way to get two XY setups?
I thought I was getting it by seting up 1 vs 2 in a XY view, then setting up 2nd XY view with 3 vs 4 and leaving that one "active" but the values on the scales didn't jibe with independent meter readings.

Thanks for your help,
tim
Tim May
Canadian Light Source

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Tim,

It should be possible to view two pairs by using different views, and as you have found, that is not the case.

This will be reported as a bug.

Regards
John