Running Picoscope on Raspberry Pi Zero W ?

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
KenArton

Running Picoscope on Raspberry Pi Zero W ?

Post by KenArton »

Hello,
I am wondering about running a Linux version of Picoscope software on a Raspberry Pi Zero W.
This very small board is running Raspbian GNU/Linux, release 9.3, code name "stretch".
My Picoscope is the 2205A MSO.
Can you advise which software version has the best chance of working?

Many thanks. Ken.

Hitesh

Re: Running Picoscope on Raspberry Pi Zero W ?

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Ken,

We currently do not provide a version of PicoScope that will work on a Raspberry Pi platform as there have been performance issues with previous investigations. The Raspberry Pi platform has been looked at as part of work for the next major release of the software but we cannot advise on any time scales.

In the meantime, you can write your own software application as we do provide armhf drivers that can be used with the Raspberry Pi.

Regards,

KenArton

Post by KenArton »

Hello Hitesh,

Thanks for prompt reply. I will just stick to Windows, and keep a kook out for the software release for R-Pi. Meanwhile I might give the armhf drivers a try.

Regards, Ken.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately, PicoScope support for Raspberry Pi will not be available for the forseeable future. You can keep up-to-date with new product information and software updates via our Newsletter.

You can obtain the drivers using the instructions available from this page. Please ignore the step to install the PicoScope software.

Regards,