TC-08 in labview 8.2

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
swiftmoun
User
User

TC-08 in labview 8.2

Post by swiftmoun »

Hello

I would like to use the TC-08 with labview 8.2. I got the evaluation version of labview. I have other equipment that can apparently be used w/ labiew and I am looking to using this in the future.

I am able to open the VI sample provided on the CD but unfortunately it works only on the first shot. Each time, I stop the application, it won't restart and read temperatures. I need to close the VI file and relaunch it to get the reading again.

Do you have any advice at this point?

I also tried the stream sample that you gave on the forums, but I have the exact same issue.

What can I do to improve the way labview access to the USB-TC-08? I guess it needs to be properly opened and closed to avoid this kind of problem.

thanks
SM

swiftmoun
User
User

Post by swiftmoun »

Also,

despite the problem I have when stopping/closing the app; I have another question regarding missing measure points. every 5 to 10 times, I am getting a no value result. Do you know how to fix this?
Attachments
pb.PNG
how to get rid of the missing measurements?
(34.69 KiB) Downloaded 731 times

swiftmoun
User
User

Post by swiftmoun »

I managed to get a continuous flow a data, but I am still getting problem with labview that will just close by itself letting me with a windows error.
I need to remove and plug back the USB cable and restart Labview.

Does anyone know what is the reason for that?

Even if I use the STOP button in the app, it does the same.

I could really use some help here. :/
Attachments
USB_TC-08_Single_71.vi
I use this file and I am still having labview to close by itself. What should I do?
(169.1 KiB) Downloaded 819 times

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by gruntman »

SM,

In the image that you posted the 'close and exit' button is clicked. With this clicked the program will automatically exit when you click the stop button. If you are wishing not to exit be sure this button is not highlighted...HTH

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com