Running Pico software v5.15.6 & v5.17.1 with USB TC-08

Having problems ? let us know the details here

Running Pico software v5.15.6 & v5.17.1 with USB TC-08

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I am having considerable problems using a USB TC-08 with versions v5.15.6 7 & v5.17.1 Picolog. My application is using a trailing 9m K-type probe for thermal profiling of a continuous furnace. The PC is enabled with windows XP service pack 2.

Errors include:

i) Offsets (compared to handheld calibrated loggers) of ~300 to 400°C below the actual temperatures.

ii) Stopping during profile runs

iii) Spurious readings between channels

I have used TC-08's many times in conjunction with Picolog software and have never had an issues. This is starting to become a problem as i require decent, stable data to validate new processes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

You noted that the system previously worked without problem, therefore, has anything changed at all in your system since then or, did the problem suddenly appear?

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

Hi John,

I think what I meant to say was I have use TC-08's before with much older versions of PicoLog on other equipment; not on this particular system.

Is it maybe the PC or the logger?

The background to this particualer issue is; I have tried this on at least 2 different laptops, 2 different USB loggers, 2 different USB connections and different versions of PicoLog.

What do you think?

Carl

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hi Carl,

The range of problems that you report is diffcult to correlate, therefore, can you send problem example .plw files to me at support@picotech.com so that we may take a look at that.

Regards
John