5442B Driver questions

Which product is right for your exact requirements
FarSouth
User
User

5442B Driver questions

Post by FarSouth »

Hi,
I need to make recordings of ultrasound from a hydrophone at 16 bits resolution at up to 1MHz.
For this and several other reasons I've chosen 5442B, which I'm just about to order, hoping the product will be delivered immediately, i.e. is it in stock?

To date I've built the example Visual Studio C .sln from GitHub that uses ps5000.lib.
I've also ported that to the Qt C++ gui environment, no problems.

I then noticed that there are 'a' versions of the libraries, and that they seem to support different models.
What is the reason for the drivers containing the 'a'?

Also, what is the purpose of the 'Wrap' versions of the libraries, there are no GitHub examples..

Best Regards from Tasmania.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 5442B Driver questions

Post by Martyn »

Firstly please note that 16 bit is only possible with 1 active channel.

The correct examples for this device are the 5000a ones, the 5000 examples were for the 5203 and 5204 models which were discontinued a number of years ago.

The wrap file is used for languages that don't support driver callbacks.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

FarSouth
User
User

Re: 5442B Driver questions

Post by FarSouth »

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for that, I finally read the 'a' version of the demo code and realized immediately that there must be a historical reason for the presence of the 'a' and non 'a' versions.

I'm aware of the channel limitations of 5442B 16 bit operation, and that I could have chosen 4262 for example, but I also need AWG at the full bandwidth offered by the 5442B.

I've ported parts of the demo code to my Qt app, so can now get on with finishing that.

I really like the Pico web site.

Cheers