Picoscope 2405A Oversampling Feature

Post your MATLAB discussions here
elevenert

Picoscope 2405A Oversampling Feature

Post by elevenert »

Hi,

I'm using the PicoScope 2000 Series (A API) in MATLAB and was wondering if it's possible to do the resolution enhancement by turning on the oversampling feature. I read the Programmer's Guide and it seems that this feature is disabled.

Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 2405A Oversampling Feature

Post by Martyn »

Oversampling was a method used in our older devices. Instead with newer devices you can use Downsampling in particular the downsampling type

PS2000A_RATIO_MODE_AVERAGE
Reduces every block of n values to a single value representing the average (arithmetic mean) of all the values. Equivalent to the 'oversampling' function on older scopes.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

elevenert

Post by elevenert »

Martyn wrote:Oversampling was a method used in our older devices. Instead with newer devices you can use Downsampling in particular the downsampling type

PS2000A_RATIO_MODE_AVERAGE
Reduces every block of n values to a single value representing the average (arithmetic mean) of all the values. Equivalent to the 'oversampling' function on older scopes.
Hi Martyn,

Thank you for the speedy reply. From the example I can see the default downsamplingRatio is 1, do I have to modify it accordingly or it's enough to only specify the downsamplingRatioMode as MODE_AVERAGE?

Thanks.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

A value of 1 means you will average 1 sample, so no downsampling, change this to the appropriate level of downsampling you need.

Make sure you apply the same downsampling method when setting up the data buffers for the collection.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

elevenert

Post by elevenert »

Martyn wrote:A value of 1 means you will average 1 sample, so no downsampling, change this to the appropriate level of downsampling you need.

Make sure you apply the same downsampling method when setting up the data buffers for the collection.
Thank you.