Streaming mode with picodsk-python (ps 6402D)

Having problems ? let us know the details here
sgallori
User
User

Streaming mode with picodsk-python (ps 6402D)

Post by sgallori »

Dear experts,

I'm really new to picoscope software, sorry in advance if I ask trivial questions :)
I'm trying to write a simple picodsk-python script implementing the streaming mode (on picoscope 6402D).
First, I tried to run the example stream_capture.py in https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-python-examples
but it failed saying: "Streaming has not started within reasonable timescale" (however, the block capture script works nicely).
I tried to write my own script (very basic, see attachment) but I get no data...
Am I doing something wrong? Could you give me some advice ?

Thanks in advance,
Stefano
Attachments
prova_pico.py
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 472 times

Hitesh

Re: Streaming mode with picodsk-python (ps 6402D)

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Stefano,

Do you have the latest updates to the GitHub repository? We recently made some changes to the StreamingTape class so that the filename argument is now mandatory.

I would suggest using a filename that is not the same as the chapter variable and also to provide the absolute filepath with a '\\' for the directory separator e.g.

C:\\temp\\streamcapture.h5

What is the status code that is returned from ps.start_recording()?

Regards,

sgallori
User
User

Post by sgallori »

Dear Hitesh,

thanks for your reply! I'm using the latest version of the GitHub code. I forgot also to say that I'm running under Linux (Ubuntu 16.04). I followed your suggestion and I wrote:

outfile = "/home/stefano/picosdk-python-examples/examples/data/data.h5"
tape = ps.m.StreamingTape(filename = outfile, title= "test", limit=1000, overwrite=True, stats = True)

but still no data (I tried also \\home\\stefano\\... and //home//stefano//... but it was the same).
ps.start_recording returns PICO_OK.
I noticed that wait2start returns always False and also that data.h5 file is not created.

Thanks again for your support,
Stefano

sgallori
User
User

Post by sgallori »

Dear Hitesh,

do you have any update?

Thanks a lot,
Stefano

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Stefano,

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com and I will investigate further.

Thanks,