Test and Measurement Forum

Which type of thermocouple to use?

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Which type of thermocouple to use?

Postby Marc » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:56 am


We will need thermocouple to monitor the temperature of our concrete pour. They will have to be embedded in the concrete 1 to 2 meter deep. Which type of thermocouple and insulation would suit our needs???


Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:47 am

Postby PeterF » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:14 am

A lot will depend on whether you wish to use the probes only once and leave them in the concrete or have them inside a metal sheath which can be withdrawn after the concrete has set (is that possible?).
Best people to advise you is the company that makes up our probes, link below:-


THey will make-up custom probes to order.

Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:53 am
Location: Cambridgeshire

Return to Pre-Sales Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest