Trying the make the 4444 more portable...

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
nurber
Active User
Active User

Trying the make the 4444 more portable...

Post by nurber »

Hi Forum. I think the 4444 is quite portable and the case is awesome. I have a bunch of Pico and non Pico accessories within and there is room for all while keeping snug given the existing cut-outs. But the limitation I'm experiencing comes when you get to the job. There is no way that I see to attach a hanger, strap, magnet to 4444 to suspend easily and the with straight USB coming out the back doing so creates some challenges. I've seen videos of the 4225/4425 hanging and I'd like to get the same setup. What attaches to these scopes and how can I replicate on 4444 ? Also, what about a foam insert that allows for the 4444 to stay in case while taking measurements ? Right Exit Type B USB connectors exist (http://www.l-com.com/usb-usb-30-right-a ... xit-type-b) so the back of devices can be in similar position as current foam, but the front could be relieved to allow for connection of probes and the whole setup can stay in case while doing measures. Any suggestions to make this portable device more job friendly would be appreciated.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying the make the 4444 more portable...

Post by Martyn »

You may be able to use the earth screw and attach a non conductive strap.

I will pass on the other suggestions to the design team.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager