Record data by Triggers

Post your .Net discussions here
hoanggiang

Record data by Triggers

Post by hoanggiang »

Hello,
I'm using Picoscope 6402c to get signal from channel A at the trigger event. Aux is for trigger input and the trigger frequency is 500Hz. I couldn't make it work. I tried streaming mode with the trigger, but it seems only one trigger occurs. Is it possible to record data by frequency trigger?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Record data by Triggers

Post by Martyn »

Streaming mode will start as soon as you isse the command to start streaming, and will indicate the sample that matches the trigger set up. Once triggered the scope cannot re trigger without a restart. If you use block mode your application will need to restart the scope to capture multiple blocks, or alternatively if you wish to capture a set number of blocks you can use RapidBlock collection where the scope rearms itself after each block has been collected.

The best approach will depend upon exactly what you are looking to do, what the data actually looks like, how long you wish to capture data for, and what you want to do with the data once it has been collected.

If you post your code here, or to support@picotech.com , we can give further advice as to why it is not working.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

hoanggiang

Post by hoanggiang »

Thank you for your reply.
It works with RapidBlock Mode.
For each block, I get all samples from trigger index (50000samples).
Is there any way I can get a snippet of samples in each block by PicoScope API? For example, I want 1000 samples from index 20000 to index 21000.
It can be achieved by programming. I just want to know if PicoScope API supports that function.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

As in the email ticket you need to use SetSimpleTrigger and SetTriggerDelay functions from the API. When sampling at the fastest rates the trigger rearm time between blocks in RapidBlockMode is 1usec, but you need to factor in any delay you use when working out if you can capture the data you require.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

hoanggiang

Post by hoanggiang »

Hi,
Thank you for your help.