PS3206 on Panasonic Laptop

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

PS3206 on Panasonic Laptop

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I have just installed the latest software/driver on aPanasonic CF-73 toughbook PC running XP/SP2. When I plug it in, the driver loads fine, and says device is working properly. However, software usually says ps3000 is not present, and when it does (random infrequent event) load ok, the traces are bizarre...square wave on A, about 1kHz ish, and sine wave on B, about 2kHz. I didn't measure them exactly, and now I can't seem to connect at all to record them. Same with external PSU connected.

All works fine on my HP laptop (SW 5,15,6, driver 3,1,0,2)

any thoughts/solutions?

regards

Jim

apologies if this message appears twice...the system didn't seem to like '.'s separating the driver version nos....must have thought it was an IP address

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
First step is to do a full un-install. (Re-run the installer and select "Remove" instead of "Modify" or "Repair".) Then do a new install. Try that first and post again if you still have problems.
PeterF.

PS3206 on Panasonic laptop

Post by Guest »

Thanks, tried that, including maunual removal of bits & pieces that got left over. Verified that device was no longer recognised, and re-installed.

Same result....

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

I note that you are using R5.15.6 S/W on your HP laptop and presumably, on the Panasonic also?

Please try the latest s/w R5.16.2 (http://www.picotech.com/software.html) on your Panasonic, HOWEVER, make certain to uninstall the other PicoScope software first.

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

...No, I downloaded a fresh copy from your website onto the Panasonic, so it is the latest. I can get around it by using a different laptop, but obviously that doesn't solve the problem....

thanks for your replies and advice so far.

Jim

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

This is a peculiar problem!

Are you able to confirm that the Panasonic functions correctly with other high speed USB devices such as a scanner?

It may also be worth trying the most recent release of S/W R5.17.1, however, before installing the new version, remove all traces of previous versions as follows:

1) From Device Manager go to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' and uninstall the PicoScope driver(s).

2) Uninstall the Pico S/W via the Control Panel.

3) Delete the folder "C:\Program Files\Pico Technology".

4) Enable viewing of hidden files in the 'Tools' 'Folder Options' menu.

5) Delete the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Pico Technology

6) Install R5.17.1

Regards
John