Lag on USB input

Forum for discussing PicoLog
MikeSA

Lag on USB input

Post by MikeSA »

Hi,

I'm using and ADC-11 and an Windows Vista laptop that runs Windows 7. I'm getting 'lag' on my data of between 5 and 10 seconds after a change in input before it appears on the graph in Picolog. Data changes seem instantaneous on the 'list' data table. I'm not sure if this is a USB issue or not but have done all I can think of before using another laptop (no lag at all with an alternative).

I've updated bios, drivers and lost count of how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of Picolog. I thought I'd just ask here if anyone had any ideas before I just swap out laptops?

Thanks

Mike

Hitesh

Re: Lag on USB input

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mike,

Is this a parallel-port ADC-11 or a USB ADC-11?

What settings are you using for your sampling?

Regards,

MikeSA

Re: Lag on USB input

Post by MikeSA »

Apologies for resurrecting a 9 month old thread. I was taken off the project with the issue and now find it as part of my remit once more, ie the user is tired of the lag again.

The ADC-11 is a USB version and the sampling settings are 1 sample per second for 1000 counts, and lag is the same no matter if set for 'as many as possible' or 'single' under 'readings per sample' (usually set to 'as many as possible).

Thanks.