Problem running the LabVIEW examples

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Malcolm Myers

Problem running the LabVIEW examples

Post by Malcolm Myers »

Hello,

This is my first post. I am trying to use a Pico 3203D with LabvIEW 2015 but have not yet been able to get a signal to display.

I cannot see any examples in the SDK folder but I have downloaded PicoScope3000ExampleBlock.vi. The code runs but the ready bit is never set and so it just runs continuously and never stops. When I stop it manually I just get zeroes as outputs.

I have also noticed that the example calls functions such are from ps3000.dll and the .lib VIs are call ps3000a.dll. Also, what is the difference between ps3000aRunBlock and ps3000aRunBlock - 2?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Malcolm

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem running the LabVIEW examples

Post by Martyn »

We don't include examples in the SDK download, they are now hosted on GitHub. Are these the examples you are using ?

Make sure you chose the correct versions for your LabVIEW version.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Malcolm Myers

Post by Malcolm Myers »

I found them soon after I posted. Many thanks.

Some of the LabVIEW code does need some tidying up if I'm honest. Not sure how much call you get for the LabVIEW drivers but if you ever feel the need to update them then please drop me a line.

Malcolm

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The LabVIEW examples do need some work, but this has to be balanced against the demands across all of the supported languages.

You are welcome to fork the repository, and add your suggested improvements.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager