Can the ADC-216 do Differential Input?

Post any questions about our parallel port products
philtrue8

Can the ADC-216 do Differential Input?

Post by philtrue8 »

I have a transducer that has a differential output. I understand that the ADC-216 is a single-ended input. So does pico have software for differential comparison or is there pico software that does A-B channel differential comparison? If so how to wire. Or do I need an external differential.

Phil

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

To measure differential voltage with the the ADC216 you will need to use a differential probe, such as this one.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

davehigton

Post by davehigton »

I'd like the ADC-200/100 to be able to do differential measurements too, without an additional probe. Apart from the extra money (it's not cheap), it's an extra piece of equipment to carry to site, set up, and power (extra mains socket or extra set of batteries to worry about).

The computer should be able to subtract channel B's samples from channel A's and display the result. That's the most appropriate solution for the job.

Dave

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

We are always looking to improve our software. This is currently being considered as a future development, but I am not able to give a time scale when it will be implemented.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer