Test and Measurement Forum

Mac beta unusable and Win won't work under Fusion

Discussion forum for the new Picoscope Mac software

Mac beta unusable and Win won't work under Fusion

Postby unfrostedpoptart » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:51 am

Help!!!

I just bought a 3203D MSO. I have a 2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro running 10.13.4. I installed the new PicoScope beta for Mac and it works. Sort of. When I set up Spectrum Mode with AWG it begins to freeze a lot and becomes unusable. So, I brought up Windows 7 under VMWare Fusion 8.5.8 and installed the latest stable PicoScope. It looks like it works but it won't connect to the 3203. When I plug in the 3203 USB cable, Fusion asks me if I want to connect it to Mac or Windows and I chose Windows. Then I start PicoScope and another Fusion pop-up asks me where I want to connect PicoScope 3000 Series PC Oscilloscope and I again select Windows. But then, PicoScope pops up an error box saying "The device 'PicoScope 3000 Series PC Oscilloscope' was unable to connect to the ideal host controller. There's also a pop-up the quickly disappears saying something about bad USB device.

What's going on? I spent a lot of money on this thing and need to be debugging some hardware right now and not being a beta-tester. When will there be a stable Mac version? What's causing the errors trying to run on a VM? Does PicoScope for Windows work with Wine/Crossover?

Thanks!

David
unfrostedpoptart

Re: Mac beta unusable and Win won't work under Fusion

Postby Hitesh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:30 am

Hello David,

We are working towards feature parity between the macOS, Linux and Windows versions, with this being available via the next major release.

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com with screenshots of the errors and we will look to assist further.

Regards,
Hitesh

Technical Support Engineer
Hitesh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to PicoScope for Mac