Picolog fast streaming

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Folkert
User
User

Picolog fast streaming

Post by Folkert »

I recently bought a Picoscope 2204A and after some testing I have the following question:
According to the specifications for the 2204A, fast data streaming should be possible up to 1 MS/s. That was one of the main criteria for me to buy this scope. Why is it that picolog only provides the option of 1 to 1000 ms?
Regards, Folkert

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picolog fast streaming

Post by Martyn »

That is a limitation of the PicoLog software which was designed for slow long term logging applications.

If you use the PicoScope 6 software you can stream at 1MS/s for 100 seconds, and if you write an application using the SDK you can stream at this rate indefinitely.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Folkert
User
User

Post by Folkert »

Thanks for the quick reply. I am a bit at a loss as to how to use streaming mode with picoscope. I have not found any options for setting and starting streaming mode in the menu. The manuals didn't provide helpful instructions either.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Set the timebase to 200ms/div or slower and the data will stream and display on the screen as it collects. This transition point is controlled by a setting in Tools->Sampling->SlowTransitionTime

It will stop at the end of the screen and then restart on a new screen, with a small delay, but this is generally suitable for most long term logging needs.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager