Creating a LabVIEW executible.

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Zuccj
User
User

Creating a LabVIEW executible.

Post by Zuccj »

I have a VI that is created and working how I want, and want to turn it into an .exe so it can run on computers without labview installed. However, it keeps giving an error when trying to build the exe, and was wondering if there is any specific settings pico requires to be able to be built?

Hitesh

Re: Creating a LabVIEW executible.

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zuccj,

What error(s) are you getting when building the exe?

You will need to include the sub-vi files that the example depends on when building the exe, and ensure that the PicoSDK driver package is installed on the PC where the exe is to run.

Regards,

Zuccj
User
User

Post by Zuccj »

I've attached a snippet of the error I am getting. I tried downloading just the base 2000faststreaming, not changing anything and just building it exactly as it is downloaded, and I got the same error.
Attachments
building error.PNG

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zuccj,

The ps2000Wrap.dll is installed as part of the PicoSDK if the ps2000 driver is selected.

Have you saved your LabVIEW code as a project (.lvproj) or is it just the .vi and .llb files? In the vi files, is the path to the ps2000Wrap.dll set to '..\..\Program Files (x86)...' or is it the absolute path i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\SDK\lib ?

Have you visited the NI Application Builder page as suggested in the dialog with details of your error?

Regards,

Zuccj
User
User

Post by Zuccj »

is the path to the ps2000Wrap.dll set to '..\..\Program Files (x86)...' or is it the absolute path i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\SDK\lib ?

That was the issue. A couple functions didn't have the absolute path linked to them. Once I changed them to the correct location it built right away. Thanks.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zuccj,

Good to hear that this is resolved.

Regards,