TC-08 Data collection problem

Having problems ? let us know the details here
wagnere
User
User

TC-08 Data collection problem

Post by wagnere »

I am currently using TC-08 units for testing and lately have been having an issue where it seems the software is locking up and then a blank spot pops up in my graph. I am using the 5.23.3 software and 8G RAM. When we first got these we never had this issue. Anyone know the cause? Attached a file of what I see as it is recording, it is like the program itself is locking up, I have completely reinstalled the software and the issue remains.
Attachments
pico issue.png

Hitesh

Re: TC-08 Data collection problem

Post by Hitesh »

Hi wagnere,

It might be worth looking at the Event Logs via the Windows Control Panel to see if anything happened on the PC during the time period that the software did not capture data.

Are you aware of any software activity such as anti-virus updates in that time?

You may also wish to look at the new PicoLog 6 Beta software.

Regards,

wagnere
User
User

Post by wagnere »

I have had IT look my PC over and they didn't find any issues, the problem is I have used these units on a couple different computers now and had similar results. Some not as bad or as big for blank spots but they still pop up. We have 4 of you TC-08 units and are noticing this on two of them so far.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi wagnere,

Would it be possible for you to try the PicoLog 6 Beta software at all?

This might help identify if it is a hardware or software issue.

Regards,

wagnere
User
User

Post by wagnere »

I have tried the pico 6 software, it is much better, however the issue still pops up once or twice in a 2 hour test. Sometimes very small sometimes it is a 10-25 measurement gap.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi wagnere,

Thanks for trying that test.

Are you using the supplied blue USB cable and is it a desktop or laptop you are using? Have you tried a powered USB hub?

Regards,

wagnere
User
User

Post by wagnere »

We have used the blue standard cable and a premium black as well. It is on a laptop of which I have tried three different ones now, I have used USB ports and have tried it on a hub as well.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi wagnere,

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com with your device serial number?

I can provide you with instructions to create a log file with PicoLog 6 Beta which might indicate if there is an error somewhere.

Thanks,