compare 6407 & 9302-15

Which product is right for your exact requirements
WallaceC
User
User

compare 6407 & 9302-15

Post by WallaceC »

Hi all,
My team is going to develop a product with Ethernet/RMII, USB HS, SPI, I2S, I2C bus. We have to get compliance. So I am interested in your product to do pre-compliance test before test in laboratory. We have to test single end and differential (USB HS) eye diagram and check any overshoot and cause EMC problem. I would like to know your advice which one 6407 or 9302-15 is better choice. What's the pros and cons? Thank you very much.
Regards,
Wallace

Pico Stuart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: compare 6407 & 9302-15

Post by Pico Stuart »

Dear Wallace,

Thanks for your inquiry with regard to the 6407 and the 9300 from Pico Technology. As discussed in your previous post I would like to arrange a conference call to discuss your application in detail.

The 6407 is a real time DSO and the 9300 is a sampling scope.

Digital storage oscilloscopes (DSOs) work by sampling the input signal at regular intervals. The samples are then reconstructed to draw a picture of the signal.

A sampling oscilloscope is a special type of oscilloscope that uses a technique called sequential time sampling. This type of sampling is best suited to repetitive waveforms or those that are derived from a regular clock, such as serial data streams, clock waveforms and pulses in digital circuits, semiconductor test patterns, and amplifier pulse-response and rise-time tests. Signals like these tend to have very high bandwidths or high data rates. A sampling scope captures just one sample from one trigger event, typically a single cycle of the waveform or clock, and then repeats the process over a large number of cycles, varying the timing of the sample by a small increment from one sample to the next. The resulting collection of samples is then assembled into a picture of a typical cycle.

The advantage of a sampling scope is that even with input signals in the gigahertz range, the output of the sampler is at a much lower frequency, typically in the audio frequency band. This allows high-fidelity, low-frequency amplifiers and ADCs to be used to capture the signal. For example, the PicoScope 9300 Series can capture waveforms up to 20 GHz with high precision (16-bit resolution before scaling and processing). A real-time DSO that could capture a single cycle of the same 20 GHz waveform would be prohibitively expensive.

I look forward to your response in this matter.

Kindest regards,

Stuart Murlis